阿森纳官方球迷会OfficialArsenalCN

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

另类美国摇滚乐队Maroon 5 [复制链接]

1#

最近狂喜欢Maroon 5的主打歌This Love,觉得曲风很特别,旋律顺耳, 有点Funk rock的感觉,看完这首歌的MTV,更觉这首歌有型有格。 吸引我注意的是主唱Adam Levine唱歌的表情,和甩microphone的动作, 惰性地趴在地上,潇洒极了。

This Love

I was so high I did not recognize The fire burning in her eyes The chaos that controlled my mind Whispered goodbye and she got on a plane Never to return again But always in my heart

This love has taken its toll on me She said Goodbye too many times before And her heart is breaking in front of me I have no choice cause I won't say goodbye anymore

I tried my best to feed her appetite Keep her coming every night So hard to keep her satisfied Kept playing love like it was just a game Pretending to feel the same Then turn around and leave again

This love has taken its toll on me She said Goodbye too many times before And her heart is breaking in front of me I have no choice cause I won't say goodbye anymore

I'll fix these broken things Repair your broken wings And make sure everything's alright My pressure on her hips Sinking my fingertips Into every inch of you Cause I know that's what you want me to do. 于是很有兴趣翻查这支乐队的资料,竟然是支来自美国L.A.的摇滚乐队,他们的 音乐揉合funk,R&B,另类Rock。乐队由五人组成,分别是:

Adam Levine - Vocals, Guitar 主唱,吉他 James Valentine - Guitar 吉他 Jesse Carmichael - Keyboards 键盘手 Mickey Madden - Bass 低音乐器 Ryan Dusick - Drums 鼓手

好懒翻译,有兴趣的朋友可以看看以下简介。

1995年9月16日  以Kara's Flowers为名,首次在洛杉矶演出,爆炸性的舞台演出受到注意; 1997年夏天       解散Kara's Flowers,出版处女大碟<The Fourth World>; 1999年             正式以Maroon 5确定乐队的名字和乐队的音乐风格,即混合流行,funk,punk,soul和摇滚; 2004年               最新专辑<Songs About Jane>.

Take one listen to Maroon 5's "Songs About Jane" (Octone Records) and you'll instantly hear what a little bit of soul can do to the heart of alternative rock. Fronted by Adam Levine, a guitar wizard with a captivating voice and a strutting attitude, and backed by powerhouse players James Valentine, Jesse Carmichael, Mickey Madden and Ryan Dusick, the band blends elements of R and B and funk influences into their rock and roll songs. Maroon5 is not here to shove their ideas down your throat, but when Adam's belting out a tune and the band is drawing a mesmerized audience into their world, you know they mean it.

Schoolmates since junior high school, Maroon5 (formerly known as Kara's Flowers) played their first show at The Whisky in Los Angeles on September 16, 1995. Hundreds gathered to see their eclectic mix of pop, punk and rock music. It was their energy onstage that made the audience take notice.

By summer of 1997, Kara's Flowers had released "The Fourth World", their critically acclaimed debut album on Reprise Records, and the band immediately set out on the road playing with bands like Reel Big Fish and Goldfinger.

Kara's Flowers left Reprise Records in 1999 to start a new musical direction. After years of experimentation and exploration (as well as the addition of guitar wizard James Valentine), the unique melding of rock, R&B and soul emerged that now defines Maroon 5's musical style. Their sound had begun to transform as the band members absorbed new influences through their college experiences. From its roots as an alternative-rock band in the tradition of acts like Weezer and Nada Surf, Maroon 5 began to experiment and evolve. Hints of R and B and folk were gradually woven through the alternative rock fabric that was the band's musical base. New songs like the album's first single, "This Love," as well as "Sunday Morning," "Secret," and "Not Coming Home" reflect a sound evocative of the band's deep interest in soul music.

"During the time between our record deals," Adam recalls, "I spent a lot of time in New York where I was exposed to an urban and hip-hop culture in a way that had never happened to me in L.A. It turned me on to an entirely new genre of music which has had a profound impact on my songwriting."

After performing showcases for senior executives at many major labels, Maroon 5 ultimately chose to sign with newly founded New York City based independent label, Octone Records is distributed by BMG Music Entertainment and has a Joint Venture deal with Clive Davis and J Records.

The band recorded "Songs About Jane" in Los Angeles with producer/mixer Matt Wallace (Train, Blues Traveler, Third Eye Blind, Faith No More) at Rumbo Recorders, the same studio where such seminal artists as Guns N' Roses, Stone Temple Pilots, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, The Smashing Pumpkins and John Mellencamp have recorded some of their best work. Now based in Los Angeles, Maroon 5 regularly plays to sold-out crowds at many of the city's finest clubs such as the El Rey, House of Blues and the Viper Room and have already opened for artists such as Michelle Branch, Evan and Jaron and Nikka Costa. With "Songs About Jane", Maroon 5 is up to the task of converting music lovers into their groove-based rock and roll world. As declared in "Shiver," "I won't be satisfied 'til I'm under your skin."

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-6-7 10:45:03编辑过]

2865.jpg (, 下载次数:0)

另类美国摇滚乐队Maroon 5(6/5/2004 11:05:00 PM 上传)

2865.jpg

2866.jpg (, 下载次数:0)

另类美国摇滚乐队Maroon 5(6/5/2004 11:06:00 PM 上传)

2866.jpg

2#

[em04][em04]

虽然不听punk...还是支持!!!

3#

只有是ROCK!!我都支持!!!好象他们很出名的啊!!有点印象,只是没听过他们的歌!
4#

听说过

可惜没听过他们的歌

5#

啊,他们现在在美国和英国等地都很红,尤其是这首主打歌This Love在各大流行榜成绩优异。看报道说,这首歌的MTV由他和女友一起合作演出,他的女友更有全裸的镜头。可惜我在这边看的ABC电视台播的是经删剪过的,[em06]。
6#

有连接吗

我想看啊

7#

第一次听他们的歌,还以为是英伦乐队,很有Blur, Travis,Starsailor那种另类乐队的感觉。当知道他们是美国乐队时,简直不敢相信。在充斥着Rap,Hip-hop的美国乐坛,竟有这样的音乐风格,怪不得他们可以迅速走红呢。听说主唱Adam被封为美国最性感的摇滚歌手。

[em06][em03]
2889.jpg (, 下载次数:0)

另类美国摇滚乐队Maroon 5(6/7/2004 11:19:00 AM 上传)

2889.jpg

8#

在美国来说

这样的风格不多见

9#

以下是引用冷痴迷在2004-6-7 11:20:10的发言:

第一次听他们的歌,还以为是英伦乐队,很有Blur, Travis,Starsailor那种另类乐队的感觉。当知道他们是美国乐队时,简直不敢相信。在充斥着Rap,Hip-hop的美国乐坛,竟有这样的音乐风格,怪不得他们可以迅速走红呢。听说主唱Adam被封为美国最性感的摇滚歌手。

[em06][em03]
我倒不觉得他们像英伦乐队,他们是典型的modern rock,更似同样有清新曲风的Vertical Horizon,Train和Five For Fighting

[此贴子已经被作者于2004-6-13 15:27:09编辑过]

10#

有空再听听。
发新话题 回复该主题