阿森纳官方球迷会OfficialArsenalCN

注册

发新话题 回复该主题

[经典外文]只有一个托尼·亚当斯 [复制链接]

1#

One Tony Adams"
只有一个托尼·亚当斯

There is one constant in my life, one solid rock who has always been there for me and it's not a member of my family (as such) nor a therapist, although Arsenal sometimes make me feel as though I need one.  This staunch safety net comes in the shape of one of England's finest players and may I be so bold as to say Arsenal's finest ever?  His name is nothing fancy, in fact, it couldn't be simpler, maybe that is the reason why his was one of the first Arsenal players names that I learnt.  Yet sometimes I think that his name has a postfix of Arsenal? due to the fact that the man I am writing about is Tony Adams, and it seems impossible to utter that great name, without envisioning his one and only club alongside it.

在我生命中有一种东西亘古不变,对我而言如磐石一般坚固无比,不是我的家庭中的成员,也不是一个临床医学家,虽然有时候阿森纳让我觉得我需要一个。这个坚定的安全防卫线当选为英格兰最好的队员之一,我这么说是不是大胆了一点?他的名字没有丝毫奇特之处,事实上,再简单不过的一个名字,也许这就是为什么这个名字是我首先认识的阿森纳队员名字中的一个。至今有时候我仍然认为他的名字是阿森纳的一个后缀?因为我要写的是托尼·亚当斯,没有想像一下他身后的一个也是唯一一个俱乐部,很难对这个伟大的姓名发表任何意见。

Lets get all of the facts out of the way before I really start to tell you what I think of Tony Adams-Arsenal.  He joined us as a schoolboy in 1980 (before I was even born!) and turned professional in January 1984.  He is the most successful captain Arsenal have ever had, lifting more trophies than anyone in his position before him.  And now, after just over two decades with his first and only club, Tony Adams is about to begin the last season of his career.

在我真正开始告诉你我对阿森纳-托尼·亚当斯的想法之前让我们先回顾一下那些相对比较偏僻的事实吧。他在1980年作为一个男学生加入我们(恰好在我出生前!),在1984年1月开始职业足球生涯。他是迄今为止阿森纳所拥有的最伟大的队长,相对那些和他踢同样位置的人,他举起了更多的奖杯。那么在刚刚同他的第一个也是最后一个俱乐部度过两个十年的时光后,托尼·亚当斯正准备开始他职业生涯中的最后一个赛季。

Every time I think of this, I get a lump in my throat which prevents me from breathing, which I would say was more due the start of a mild panic attack than a couple of measly tears that are threatening to fall.  When Wrighty left, I remember a similar feeling; the club and myself, with millions of supporters alike no doubt, became suffocated in a sense of limbo that has descended upon us.  Where would we go from here?  Who would bang in our goals now?  Would we ever win anything again?  Questions that sometimes I feel still need to be answered?

每次我想到这一点,我都会觉得我的咽喉中有什么东西阻碍着我的呼吸,比起一对麻疹病人的眼泪将要滑落的危险,我这种感觉更有一番淡淡的恐慌在其中。当耐特离开我们的时候,我也有过似曾相识的感觉。俱乐部,我个人,毫无疑问和其他百千万的球迷一样,感觉就如同身在突然降临的监狱一样让人窒息。我们该何去何从?现在谁会为我们进球?我们还会取胜吗?质问着我心中不确定的一切……

Yet goal scorers seem to be plentiful, if not here, then on the continent, whereas central defenders, especially of the English variety, seem to be a dying breed.  I knew that as much we would miss Wrighty‘s prowess in the 18 yard box, he would be replaced, there is always someone who can chip in with the odd goal.  But if your centre back is at sixes and sevens, there is little the rest of the squad can do to counteract that.

至今进球的人似乎很多,不只是这里,这个大陆到处都是,然后中后卫,尤其是在英格兰的各级联赛中,似乎正在慢慢消失。我知道我们也同样怀念耐特在禁区中的威力,他会最终被人取代的,总有些人会为这个目标而一掷千金。但是如果你的中后卫有六,七个之多,那剩下的阵容恐怕很难抵消这一点。

I'd love to be able to sit and write an article entitled, Arsenal - life after Tony Adams,?and fill pages on who we should buy, maybe dabble in changing the 4-4-2 formation that has worked so well over the last years, but whenever I think of a back four without TA6, my mind goes blank.  It is impossible to contemplate.  My face, imagine if you will, tilts downwards in thought, my mouth drops open, and my eyes glaze over, until tears well up in either eye (I'm not joking) which means I have to snap out of my trance to wipe them away.  I will reiterate, I cannot see, cannot contemplate and do not want to imagine an Arsenal side without him.

我很乐意坐下来,写一篇不错的文章,阿森纳的后托尼·亚当斯时代,字里行间满是我们该买谁、是否该稍微改改去年表现出色的4-4-2阵型,但是无论什么时候我的后防中没有了TA6,我的脑子就会一片空白。难以沉思。如果你刻意想像一下我的表情,左思右想摇摆不定,嘴巴张开,眼光闪烁,直到眼泪充盈双眼(我不是开玩笑),然后猛然惊醒,用手拭去。我重申,我无法看见,无法预计,无法想像没有他的阿森纳会是什么样子。

Tony Adams has been at Arsenal longer than I've been alive; to me, he is a driving force behind my life.  When my boyfriend was cheating on me, and I didn't know where he was from one night to the next, there was probably more chance that I did in fact know where my club captain was, (the chances being either in a hotel before a game, or at home playing the piano).  When my own Dad didn't know that the aforementioned boyfriend was playing away from home (please note that even when I don抰 even try, the puns are still football related!) Tony Adams asked me how things were with me and the love rat.  When my A-level exam results left a lot to be desired, Tony Adams surged through and scored past Everton just weeks later to win us the league, and I didn't care that I had missed out on the grades that I guess I should have got.

托尼·亚当斯在阿森纳的时间甚至比我的年龄还要长;对我,他是我生命中的动力。当我的男朋友欺骗我的时候,我不知道一天到晚他到底身在何处,我想我甚至更清楚我的俱乐部队长在什么地方(在比赛前或者在旅馆,或者在家弹钢琴)。当我的爸爸不知道我上面提到的男朋友正在外花天酒地的时候,托尼·亚当斯告诉我和米老鼠什么是生活。当我的A级考试结果给我带来诸多渴望的时候,托尼·亚当斯突然爆发,随后的一周攻破了埃弗顿的球门,帮助我们赢得联赛冠军,我甚至不再关心我原本应该关注的学业上的失败了。

When I sit in the North Bank, week in, week out, Tony Adams is the first player I can pick out.  Be it due to the flicky out hair or the personalised warm up for his back/groin/ankle, but I would prefer to say it is due to my heart making a beeline for my favourite player.  I love that fact that when he rises up for a header you know that it has already been won before his feet left the floor.  I adore the way that he picks up the opposing player that he has just clattered into by the scruff of the neck.  I almost squeal with delight when he gives the fans a ahumbs up and I have a picture of him doing so on my desk at work.  And as stupid as it sounds, I love the fact that if you look at his biography in any book or on any website, underneath previous clubs?it says 憂one. That for me epitomises Adams, it shows commitment to his cause, and love and devotion for his club.

当我坐在北方银行中的时候,周复一周,托尼·亚当斯是我能挑选出的第一个队员。因为他那飘逸的头发,或者是因为他独特的热身方式,从背面、腹部到踝部,但是我更宁愿说这是因为我的心和我最心爱的球员同在。我喜欢他,当他跳起来争顶的时候,就象你知道的那样,在他的脚离开地面之前注定已经赢了。我崇拜他,他把刚刚因为拼抢撞倒在地的对手友好的拉起来。我甚至为他让球迷一起哼唱的时候的场景而高兴的尖叫,我的办公桌旁就有这么一张照片。听起来笨笨的,如果你在任何书或者网站中看到他的传记,你会发现他的以前的俱乐部吗?只有一个!那就是亚当斯的缩影,体现着他对他的职业的承诺,对他的俱乐部的无限热爱。

As much as I don’t follow international football that much, I must say that my fondest memory of Tony Adams in action, was when England had been knocked out of the World Cup.  Beckham had since left the field and England were out.  慍aptain?Shearer was slumped on the grass consoling himself while it was Adams who juggled shaking hands with the opposition and the officials and comforted Beckham later in the changing rooms.  That version of events as a whole was not publicised anywhere, but it happened, and I knew it did.  So how many millions of other people picked up on that as well?  It wasn't a book signing, it wasn't a charity event; it was not a publicity stunt of any sort.  It was just Adams, being himself, doing what he does best, leading by example and making me worship him even more every day.

基本上我是不怎么关注国际足球的,我得说关于托尼·亚当斯最温柔的回忆是当英格兰从世界杯中出局的时候。贝壳汉姆被罚下场,英格兰出局。队长希勒痛苦的倒在草地上不住的自我安慰,而亚当斯却在同对手和官员握手,随后更是在更衣室中安慰贝壳汉姆。整个的这一幕并没有在任何地方宣扬,但是那是事实,我很清楚。又有多少数以百万计的人也剪辑到了这一段呢?这不是一个书本的签名,不是慈善活动,不是什么公开做秀。这就是亚当斯,是他自己,尽可能完美,作出首领的范例,让我每一天更加崇拜他。

I have led such a blessed life as an Arsenal supporter, I witnessed Anfield ?9, all be it by watching on TV, The Double ?8, I was there when our greatest ever goal scorer broke the infamous record and I saw us beat the scum when the year ended in one, but the one thing I am grateful for, is that I saw Tony Adams play for Arsenal.  I pity future Gooners, and my heart goes out to them that they will never see this man in action.

作为一个阿森纳球迷,我的生活是美好的,通过电视我目击了安菲尔德___,The Double ?8,(不知道具体是什么,我估计grantwewe是通过文本文档复制的,文本文档对某些字符是不支持的,会产生乱码哦——八点注)当我们最伟大的射手打破了那个声名狼藉的纪录我就在现场。我目睹我们击败渣滓(作者用的是scum,我猜应该是MU……)并夺得第一,但是我最感激的是,我看到了托尼·亚当斯为阿森纳踢球。我为未来的枪手迷们可惜,他们将再也看不到这一经典的场面。

I wish the song 慜ne Tony Adams?wasn't quite so true; I wish you could manufacture men of this calibre and ship them in as soon as one departs.  But alas no, one Tony Adams there is, and I thank God every day that he plays for Arsenal.

I wish the song 慜ne Tony Adams?wasn't quite so true(不知道那个中间“慜ne ”到底是什么意思--八点注)我希望你能货物载满,整装待发。但是,唉,世界上只有一个托尼·亚当斯,他为阿森纳踢球,为此,我日日感谢神恩。

-----Jackie Bass

[此贴子已经被上午八点于2005-6-30 9:02:29编辑过]

2#

是一个球迷写的~~希望斑竹能帮我们翻译过来! http://www.wsoccer.com/players/a/adams_tony.htm
3#

如我没看错也没估计错的话,这里面好像出了英文还有日语吧??? 我是看不懂~~~~有哪位仁兄搞的定???
4#

我……我……我上…………请稍等…………
不想起床 盯着天花板休息
不想睡去 就看着照片笑着回忆
不想闭上眼睛 看看曾经我们的日记
有谁知道 上午八点的时候 我在想你
5#

是个女球迷写的 托尼就是他的精神支柱,他的所爱,他的一切 托尼的一举一动都深深留在她的心里 作者还提到她为我们其中一些新枪手迷没有机会目睹托尼的风姿而惋惜 搞得我自己都认为我迟生了几年 写得非常感人,无奈本人文笔和英语水平有限。 我想如果能看懂英文的,还是推荐看原文 因为翻译得很匆忙,其中的一些字里行间的情谊我一时也想不到有什么词好表达 但是看完了以后,真的被她的对托尼的热爱感动 为托尼祝福 为所有的热爱阿森纳的球迷祝福 天天开心 一生幸福 [em17][em17][em17][em17]
不想起床 盯着天花板休息
不想睡去 就看着照片笑着回忆
不想闭上眼睛 看看曾经我们的日记
有谁知道 上午八点的时候 我在想你
6#

顶上来给大家看!
不想起床 盯着天花板休息
不想睡去 就看着照片笑着回忆
不想闭上眼睛 看看曾经我们的日记
有谁知道 上午八点的时候 我在想你
7#

最近我在星情区目睹了八点的表现。。能够满足大家的要求,而且翻译得很详细。。。。对于出色的工作表现。。 给于奖励:威望+1